23 June 2009

Philatelic Gems from Poland...





Hi ! Today's Post is going to feature the philatelic gems of Poland...The stamps from this beautiful country have always fascinated me so much that they have become the part of my everyday life....The designs of these stamps are always in my mind and I feel great love for them...Thanks to my Blogger friend Andrzej who has helped me to make my collection of Polish Stamps just wonderful.....Here is the softest stamp ever issued by any postal adminisration in the world....It is the Silk stamp by Polska Post....One can wonder how a postage stamp can be soft as it is made of paper but ...yes it is very soft, smooth and shining as it is made of silk....another glittering Silver stamp issued by Poland in 2003 depicting Pope... is also shown below..... I dont know how to express my gratitude for these nice stamps...It's a great feeling to hold them in my hands.....I never thought that I would be ever so lucky to have them...Now these gems are with me....Thanks Andrzej....I dont have the words to express my sincere thanks for these gems....I share these with all of you....and when I possess them an old TV ad comes to my mind.....Neighbour's envy...Owner's Pride...... This is all for today....Till Next Post...Have a Great Time !...



Thanks a lot Andrzej !


The stamp shown here is the beautiful stamp issued by Poland on 19 December 2008, to celebrate 450 years of the Polish Post 1558-2008 . This unique issue in the form of a stamp block printed on silk is the culmination of the celebrations of the 450th jubilee of the Polish Post. The stamp presents a horse messenger on the background of a Renaissance panorama of Krakow city (the end of the 16th century).

The Unique feature of this stamp -

Printed on silkIt's the second time in the history of Polish philately that they are presenting a postage stamp printed on silk. The first one was issued on account of the 400th jubilee of the Polish Post in December 1958 - a non-serrated anniversary issue in a stamp block, denominated at PLN 50, featuring a reproduction of the painting "Na kieleckim szlaku" (eng. On the Kielce Route) by Apoloniusz Kędzierski, composed with deep blue lines on a light purple background. The original painting, missing during the years of World War II, belongs to the Museum of the Post and Telecommunications. An identical image has been printed on a PLN 2.50 postage stamp issued in October the same year on account of the "400 years of the Polish Post" philatelic exhibition. The above stamps were printed with black ink on an off-white background. A certain number of these postage stamps were printed on sheets with an additional perforated margin as an insertion to the 1st volume of the book entitled "The Polish postage stamps". Part of the jubilee issue contained defects which involved printing on the rubber coated side. Those defective stamps are now some of the most sought after by collectors.


The Silver Stamp 2003



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails