26 May 2009

Wonders of America....





Pane of 40 stamps issued in 2005 that depicts forty of the most remarkable places, structures, plants, and animals in America. The United States is a land of Superlatives, rich in natural and man - made wonders !



Hi ! I am going to share here the most magnificent material that I have received from one of my very distinguished members and a veteran philatelist Mr. Hemant V. Kulkarni from Milwaukee, USA. I don't know how to express my gratitude to Mr. Kulkarni who has sent me such a wonderful pane of 40 stamps depicting wonders of America. It was a big surprise for me when I opened the big envelope I found a complete sheet on all superlatives of America, issued in 2005......What a wonderful gift he has sent to me with lot of best wishes....I am overwheled to see...the finest item for my Tourism Collection.......I never dreamt of them but surprisingly these are in my hands.... It's not 1.....2.....3.....4......5...or 10 it is..... 40 in all...making me very happy ......which I am going to share with all of you here....As the number is big I will write about 4 stamps each day but first of all I am going to share two stamps on this pane related with Rainbow on this magnificent sheet of 40 self - sticking stamps.....Any philatelist will be thrilled to get it....I am not only thrilled but also deeply moved to get them in my collection as besides nice pictures of famous tourist attractions featured on these stamps, this sheetlet carries the warmth and best wishes of a Stamp Lover which have been sent through these nice philatelic items so these stamps means a lot to me and are so precious for my collection........Here is a mail from him which he sent to me few days back expressing his love for Rainbow Stamp News that recently won a Silver Bronze Medal in Hong Kong 2009 stamp exhibition !

Congratulations are in order!


Coincidentally I read your e-mail after coming home from the post office and upon mailing a pane (as we call it here for a sheetlet) of 40 different US commemorative mint stamps titled 'Wonders Of America' instead of 'Greetings from America' -as promised earlier. This substitution is in vibrant colours (each described behind the stamps) & very much admired by philatelists. Also, I've used three 4xdifferent stamps (total 12) on the mailing envelope that were specially issued by USPS in 1976 on the occasion of America's bicentennial year celebration. I only hope, it reaches you safely -not a reflection to look down on the honesty of mail carriers but a matter of concern nonetheless (past experience). Please acknowledge upon its receipt.

Again, couldn't be more happier for you on the honour bestowed!

Hemant V Kulkarni, Milwaukee , USA

I hope all of you would like reading details about wonders of America which I shall continue in my forthcoming Posts....This is all for the day .....Till Next Post ....Have a wonderful Time !....



It's a big envelope that some portion is left..in scan..





More Rainbows in my collection.....








The text about each stamp is printed on backside of the stamp which are self- sticking.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails