09 May 2010

It’s Mother’s Day !



I Cannot Remember My Mother…..


I cannot remember my mother
only sometimes in the midst of my play
a tune seems to hover over my playthings,
the tune of some song that she used to
hum while rocking my cradle.


I cannot remember my mother
but when in the early autumn morning
the smell of the shiuli flowers floats in the air
the scent of the morning service in the temple
comes to me as the scent of my mother.


I cannot remember my mother
only when from my bedroom window I send
my eyes into the blue of the distant sky,
I feel that the stillness of
my mother's gaze on my face
has spread all over the sky.

By Rabindranath Tagore from Sishu Bholanath

About the Poet :


Rabindranath Tagore, popularly known as Gurudev (1861 (1941) was a Bengali poet, dramatist and novelist. Tagore won the Nobel Prize for literature for his work, Gitanjali. He founded the Shanthiniketan to promote Indian Culture, Art and Music. Tagore lost his mother when he was a child.This poem I cannot remember my mother is about a child who does not remember his dead mother. But the child perhaps carries some associations of the mother’s image in his mind.

mom 2

Baby's Way

If baby only wanted to, he could fly up to heaven this moment.
It is not for nothing that he does not leave us.
He loves to rest his head on mother's bosom, and cannot ever
bear to lose sight of her.
Baby know all manner of wise words, though few on earth can
understand their meaning.
It is not for nothing that he never wants to speak.
The one thing he wants is to learn mother's words from
mother's lips. That is why he looks so innocent.
Baby had a heap of gold and pearls, yet he came like a beggar
on to this earth.
It is not for nothing he came in such a disguise.
This dear little naked mendicant pretends to be utterly
helpless, so that he may beg for mother's wealth of love.
Baby was so free from every tie in the land of the tiny
crescent moon.
It was not for nothing he gave up his freedom.
He knows that there is room for endless joy in mother's little
corner of a heart, and it is sweeter far than liberty to be caught
and pressed in her dear arms.
Baby never knew how to cry. He dwelt in the land of perfect
bliss.
It is not for nothing he has chosen to shed tears.
Though with the smile of his dear face he draws mother's
yearning heart to him, yet his little cries over tiny troubles
weave the double bond of pity and love.

-Rabindranath Tagore

mom

Our Readers share special moments on Mother’s Day…

MothersDay2

 

MAA TUJHE SALAAM….

Celebrating Mother’s Day, a new system to honor mothers. I don’t think any body needs to celebrate Mother’s Day because every day of ours is a Mother’s Day…If I say parents day.. it will be even better.

Yes, mother’s contribution to ones upbringing, turning and molding a child in to a good social human being is tremendous. This is only the creation of Mother for which she dedicates all her life, her desires and what not.

Giving birth itself is an act of Mother which has no substitute in terms of paying back. Mother is always willing to give her share to her children. She will not buy clothes for herself but would like to see that her children wear properly. She won’t buy jewelry  but would like to see that her children are properly educated. She will sleep with thin sheet in winter night but would see that the children are covered with blankets. She would always eat food after all the children have finished. She would always like to see that children are cared properly. She won’t sleep whole night but see that children are slept nicely. Keeping aside all her tiredness she would sing LORY and tell stories to her children to see that they sleep in time. She would like to see that children are not hurt, and if hurt they are given proper treatment. She would get up early in the morning and sleep late night. All in all there is no end of mother’s sacrifice.

I owe my life to my mother. Though she has left to her heavenly abode but I still feel that her blessings are always with me. I thank my mother for the upbringing she did, the samskara she gave me. Forgive me for any misdeed of mine. Thank you Maa…..Thank You…… Maa Tujhe Salaam !

- Naresh Agarwal, Bilaspur (CG)

Maa Tujhe Salaam !

Tere pyar ko kaise batlauoon

Shabd nahin hain mere paas

Kya kya kitna kaise janoo

Gyan nahin hai mere paas

Tere doodh ka karz chukaoon kaise

Kuchh bhi nahin hai mere paas

Yeh jeevan bhi tunay diya hai

Kya rakha hai mere paas

Kya tha main aur kya ho gaya

Yeh sab tunay hi diya hai

Kaya chhoti see thi meri

Yeh tan bhi tunay hi diya hai

Teri mamta ke aanchal main

Mainay chalna seekha hai

Teri aankhon ki nazron se

Maine jug ko dekha hai

Kaun hai apna kaun praya

Duniya ek tana bana hai

Ungali pakad ke teri main

Jag ki rahon ko jana hai

Suraj ke ujiyarey ko

Raat ke andhiyaron ko

Jeevan ki har dhop chhamv ko

Achhay buray nazaaron ko

Sikhlaya tooney ,Pahchanoo kaise

Apno ko aur gairon ko

God main teri khel kud kar

Bachche se main huya jawaan

Tere aanchal ki chhaya main

Milta tha mujhko aaraam

To thi to jag sara tha mera

Janoo kuchh na main hoon nadaan

Too jo nahin ab hai jahaan main

Duniya meri ho gayee viraan

Shabd nahin hain mere paas

Kaise karoon tera gungaan

Matha kahin na jhookay yeh mera

Par hey Maa, tujh ko hai salaam !

-Naresh Agarwal, Bilapur (CG)

Main Kabbhi Batlata Nahin….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0GltQ-ssmw&feature=related

mothers day

Mother's Day - stamp of my choice

Simplest poem with only one word - "Maa" (Mother)

- Kasinath R., Tanjore
My Watercraft Philately - http://shipthemegallery.blogspot.com/

 

mom 3

 

scan003

Contributed by Ashwani Dubey, Gorakhpur (UP)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails