09 July 2024

Obituary



Renowned philatelist  Visipi Dastur is no more....



Renowned philatelist of India Shri Vispi S. Dastur passed away on 9 July 2024. He is known for his specialized collection and study on 'India used abroad'. He was editor of India's Stamp Journal for a long time. I have fond memories of him. In 1984 during UPHILEX: 84, I met him for the first time, he was a jury member and I had a discussion with him over my exhibit. It was the beginning of my philatelic journey I first participated in a  State Level Philatelic Exhibition as a junior participant so still remember it well...  Later I met him during national exhibitions. He was a great philatelist and won several awards at National and International philatelic exhibitions. His famous book among philatelists is  "India Used Abroad". By profession, he was a well-known Chartered Accountant. He was appointed a member of the  Jury in many philatelic Exhibitions. PCI honoured him with the Philatelic Ratna Award.

Our Heartfelt Condolences. May his soul Rest in Peace....













No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails