4th February is observed as – World Cancer Day : – On World Cancer Day 2015, leading global public health experts from the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) announce that millions of lives can be saved through affordable increases in the investment into cancer services throughout the world.
Not Beyond Us
This year the theme of World Cancer Day is “Not Beyond Us,” to emphasize that solutions exist and are reachable. The campaign’s goal is to implement what is already known in the areas of cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, and care.
In many countries, cancer carries a stigma that makes it harder for people to get accurate information about the disease. World Cancer Day 2015 has identified 4 main areas for education and action:
- Choosing healthy lives: Healthy lifestyle choices can lower the risk for cancer. They include avoiding tobacco, limiting alcohol consumption,eating right, getting plenty of exercise, and staying away from the sun and other sources of UV rays.
- Early detection: For many cancers, there are warning signs and symptoms and the benefits of early detection are indisputable.
Image courtesy – Timir Shah
- Achieving treatment for all: All people have the right to access proven and effective cancer treatments and services on equal terms, and without suffering hardship as a consequence.
- Maximizing quality of life: People with cancer and their caregivers deserve high-quality, compassionate care during treatment and survivorship. This includes care for the emotional, mental, and physical effects of cancer.
28 January 2015 : Golden Jubilee Year – Kendriya Vidyalaya Patton, Thiruvanathpuram
24 January 2015 Agri - Machinery Fair – III 2015 – Nehru Nagar ( Puttur D.K.)
21 January 2015 : Naval Ship Repair Yard, Kochi
21 Januray 2015 : Sant Sahirobanath Ambiye Tercentenary Celebration –(1714 –2014) : , Panaji
11 January 2015 : Golden Jubilee - Deepshikha Mahila Club - Hyderabad
- Sreejesh Krishnan- Trivandrum : email : email@example.com