30 July 2008

This is Karnataka


Sandalwood Art work


Hi Readers ! In Today's Post I have a very beautiful set of Post Cards issued by Karnataka Postal Circle. I received this set of 28 Post cards from Mangalore Philatelic Bureau few days back. I have written briefly about them in one of my earlier posts. But I came to know about the real beauty of these cards when they just came in my hands. I can say in few words about these cards that they are magnificent & very fine. I have some of them to show you here. They depict the real picture of Karnataka, a beautiful state of India with full of art, rich culture, fauna & Flora. These cards actually travel through Karnatak's lush green forests and hills to the sea and run through heritage sites and monuments. These are beautifully printed and cased in a nice pack, whichs show its finest quality. I congratulate Karnataka Postal Circle to bring out this ideal gift for the philatelists. But if all of these cards were printed with the mark of Karnataka Postal Circle, India Post, it would have been much better. As in this way these could be easily distinguished from other normal picture Post Cards and philatelically these would have become more important. For a philatelic item it is necessary that it should have some mark that shows it has been issued by a postal authority. What readers have to say about my opinion, please post your comments. This discussion is about all the picture postcards, issued by different postal circles of India Post. In the regular series, some Se-tenants from the album of Mr. Shrikant Parikh on Post Office theme.



Post Card Folder


Udupi Festival

Bandipur National Park

Birds Sanctuary, Ranganathittu


Yakshagana- the dance drama



Talacauvery, Madikeri



Coffee Berries



From Se-tenant Album of Shrikant Parikh

Post Office Theme



Date of Issue- 15 December 1997


150 Years of India Post - 4 October 2004

Field Post offices - 8 December 2006

1 comment:

Mansoor Bolar said...

I think it would have been better if the Karnataka Postal Circle had its name on the Post cards issued to distinguish from local card printers. Also many of the card collectors would love to see India Post comming out with attractive Postal cards ( I think the last one was in 1989 of World Philatelic Exhibition)

Related Posts with Thumbnails