21 July 2008

Shimla GPO Building



Shimla GPO - Heritage Post office Building

Hi Readers, I am back here with some nice pictures of Shimla for you. Here the first one is of Shimla GPO Building which recently celebrated its 125 years. A special cover was released on this old heritage building ( declared as one of the Heritage Post Office Buildings in the country in the year 1992 ) about which I wrote in my post of 12 July. The building was not clearly visible in the special cover due to poor printing quality. So I just caught this in my camera to show you. One picture that is not related with philately but I want to share with you, is showing the view of Shimla on the Rainy Day. It was raining heavily in Shimla yesterday but I caught this lovely view for you in which you can see the clouds moving.In the next part some recently issued stamps by Bhutan on 25 June 2008 depicting SmithSonian Folklife Festival ( Courtesy - Pradip Jain, Patna). In the last part some beautiful se-tenant stamps of India on Wildlife from the album of Shri Shrikant Parikh. Enjoy the pictures and have a Nice Day !

Shimla GPO

Shimla on a Rainy Day

When heaven showers Love on Earth.....it rains in Himachal!


SmithSonian Folklife Festival

Date of Issue: 25 June 2008



From the Se-tenant Album of Shrikant Parikh

Wildlife

National Parks of India

Turtles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good photographs

Bijoy said...

The photographs brings back nostalgic memories of my visit to Shimla three decades ago. Wish I were there ....

Related Posts with Thumbnails