A special cover was released on 28 March 2014 on the occasion of Bharat Ratna conferred to Prof CNR Rao during the Dr.Kulapati K.M.Munshi Memorial lecture under the presence of Hon'ble Governor of Karnataka at Khincha Auditorium, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Race Course Road, Bangalore .
- Jagannath Mani & Suresh Rao – Bangalore : email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop on Philately at National Postal Academy , Ghaziabad
-Mainak Kathiara, Ahmedabad
India Post is serious on improvement of Quality, Services for Philately and release of Stamps in a better way & with better Quality and Management. With this objective, they organised a Special Three Days Workshop on Philately for Director Level Officers of India Post at Rafi Ahmad Kidwai National Postal Academy (RAKNPA), Ghaziabad from 3rd March 2014 to 5th March 2014, where Mr. Mainak Kathiara (President Emeritus, Gujarat Philatelists' Association) was invited for a Presentation on "Philately from Philatelists' View". Points mentioned in this presentation were presented to all of them during interactive session on 3rd March 2014.
The Workshop on Philately & Marketing was attended by 30 Director Level Officers from all Circles of India. The main Objectives of the Workshop were:
1) Be able to understand the developments taking place around the world in production & promotion of postage stamps & philatelic products.
2) Be able to visualise philately as a business proposition.
3) Be able to understand the stakeholders perspective on philately.
4) Be able to understand the need to involve all stakeholders for the benefit of one another.
5) Be able to work out a branding & marketing strategy for philately.
6) Be able to organise exhibitions & other philatelic events.
7) Position philately appropriately in the market to generate interest amongst all stakeholders making financial sense for one another.
This event can be considered a turning point for future of philately in India. The concern for upgrading philatelic standards, promotion and its long term plan, vision of India post, giving a status to the hobby & above all inviting suggestions from the stakeholders (philatelists) will help to consolidate philately in India. 3 day workshop on Philately & Marketing, involving the Director level officers (DPS) of all postal circles will send good signals to all the philatelic bureaus across the country in near future. Many suggestions offered were noted down with an assurance of action plan. The feeling was very positive as Member HRD/Director Philately took the initiative & was committed to improve the Philately scenario of the country. The Power Point Presentation (PPP) was taken in good spirits, suggestions were noted & discussed. The message & the will to improve upon were clearly seen. After this workshop, we are very hopeful that in near future philately in India will have a more respectable image in near future. GPA thanks the initiative taken by India Post for inviting & understanding 'Philately from Philatelist's view'. To involve the stakeholders (philatelist) is certainly a positive step & initiative from India Post.