Date of issue : 19 September 2014
Chunghwa Post is to issue special stamps sheet designed for the TAIPEI 2015 – 30th Asian International Stamp Exhibition that will be held at the Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 3 from April 24 – 28, 2015. The sheet will be introduced on the 19th of September.
In order to promote this exhibition, Chunghwa Post is specially issuing this souvenir sheet with four stamps featuring scenic vistas of Taiwan in spring, summer, fall and winter before its opening. Each stamp has an adjacent tag.
- Spring (NT$5): During spring, the Yushan azaleas bloom with great abundance on Hehuanshan (Mt. Hehuan). Their gorgeous pink blooms delight hikers.
- Summer (NT$5): When tung trees bloom in the summer, tourists on the Pingxi railway line are offered gorgeous vistas covered in snow-white blooms. It’s a truly special sight.
- Fall (NT$10): On clear, cool autumn days, the maples on Wuling Farm that have turned red along babbling Qijiawan Creek look gorgeous. The beautiful mountain scenery compels people to appreciate the view.
- Winter (NT$25): During winter, blooming cherry trees turn the slopes of Lishan (Mt. Li) scarlet. The cherry blossoms provide gorgeous vistas against views of snow-covered Xueshan (Mt. Xue) that tourists find irresistible
The 9th Odisha Philatelic Exhibition, ODIPEX-2014 organized by Odisha Postal Circle started today at Marawari Society, Unit-6, Bhubaneswar. The function was attended by Major General B.P.Das, AVSM, Retd CPMG in presence of Chief Post Master General Tilak De, Sri Jaleswar Kanhar, Post Master General, Sambalur region, Dr B.Vikrama, Superintending Archeologist, Bhubaneswar. Sri Sahadev Sahoo from Odisha and Rajesh kumar Bagri from Kolkata are the two jury members . There are 20 dealers from all over India to display materials for stamp lovers.
408 frames are in display at the venue. A beautiful Special Cover, on Khandagiri & Udayagiri was released with cave cut elephant as cachet.Thousand of general public, philatelist and students visited the stamp exhibition.
- Dr Bibhudatta Mishra – Bhubaneswar